Banana croquette with minced meat - Micheline Kalimu Mubaya
Preparation time: 35 minutes
Ingredients (for 4 people):
- 2 plantains
- 150 g minced pork
- 100 g flour
- 100 g breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp paprika powder
- Salt and pepper
- Oil, for frying
1. Blanch the two plantains in a pan for 10 minutes. Immerse them in cold water to stop the cooking process and remove the peel.
2. Mash the plantains in a bowl and add the chopped meat. Season with paprika, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix well.
3. Take 3 deep plates. Put the flour in the first, the beaten eggs in the second and the breadcrumbs in the third. Shape the plantain-meat mixture into balls or oblong croquettes.
4. Coat each ball first with the flour, then with the egg and finally with the breadcrumbs.
4. Heat a deep fryer with oil to 170°C and fry a few croquettes in it for 3 minutes. Drain on kitchen paper and serve!
5. If you wish, you can serve them with the sauce of your preference.